Caldey Island Lighthouse

Caldey lighthouse was erected by Trinity House in 1829 at a cost of £3,380 11s 7d. On either side of the tower and connected to it are two dwellings which were occupied by the keepers and their families prior to the conversion of the station to automatic unmanned operation in 1927. This was the last Trinity House lighthouse to be powered by acetylene gas until its modernisation; completed in November 1997. To purchase this image as a print or on canvas, please click on go to link, below.

Go to link