The Hunting Lodge,Abergavenny Castle

Abergavenny castle was founded circa 1087 by the Norman lord Hamelin de Ballon. It had a wooden keep with a palisaded top and bottom, which was surrounded by a ditch still visible in the castle garden below the lodge. The bailey was also protected by a palisade and ditch. In 1819 the Marquis of Abergavenny built this hunting lodge in the place of the keep. To purchase this image as a print or on canvas, please click on go to link button, below.

Go to link