Bigsweir Bridge

There is no village at Bigsweir. However, it is known for its elegant cast iron road bridge, which was built in 1827 as part of the new turnpike road constructed up the lower part of the Wye valley between Chepstow and Monmouth. The bridge connects the English and Welsh sides of the river, with an abandoned but recently restored toll house on the Welsh side (behind the tree). To purchase a copy of this image as a print or on canvas, please click on the go to link button, below.

Go to link